This picture is of Little Guy and Daddy watching Sis compete in one of her three swimming meets last week. We took Little Guy with us all three days; he held out pretty well until Saturday, when he'd finally had enough. I can't say that I blame him - I was pretty tired of at that point, too! We finally resorted to ice cream to keep him happy:
I met with Little Guy's new preschool teacher on Friday, along with Little Guy's current occupational therapist. Together, we put together a transition that I think will work very well.
Some of our plans include:
1. Having me compile a social story for Little Guy. I'm in the process of doing so right now; it should be ready by tomorrow.
2. Letting Little Guy see and explore the classroom when it's empty.
3. Building a relationship with his new teacher.
4. Holding a few of his appointments with current staff members in the new classroom instead of our home or the old program's site.
5. Meeting and playing with a friend in the new classroom.
6. Letting Little Guy observe a class for a while.
7. Having me observe a class WITHOUT Little Guy.
We begin our plan tomorrow by meeting in the classroom with a neighbor whose child recently began attending the preschool. I believe these steps will help Little Guy's transition to the preschool program be a smoother one, and I'm anxious to begin the process.