Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Testing Thursday


I've gone with a literal title for today's post; I'm planning to discuss tangible tests rather than trials of patience.

Although, we've had a little bit of that as well around our place.

And the picture? It has nothing to do with the topic of this post....I just added it because I realized it had been a while since I'd posted a picture of Big Guy on my blog. This was taken last year, when he had to dress as a hippie for a theater class at school.

Anyway. This week's good news centers around some positive results my Aspie boys had with various tests. I mentioned in my last post how Big Guy aced his history test. Well, he just got the results of his first geology test back and he came in second highest in the class!! It looks like this course will remain on his schedule :)

Little Guy is gearing up for his preschool qualification tests, which began with a vision screening today. There has been some concern in the past about some weak muscles in his right eye which could develop into "lazy eye", but it now looks as if the eye has corrected itself on its own. This is great news! I know it's not the end of the world if a child has a lazy eye, but Little Guy was born with bilateral clubfeet and was subjected to casts, surgeries, and braces until he was 27 months old. I'd like to see the poor kid get a break from medical intervention for awhile!

No comments: