Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Big Reveal

When I first began this blog, I mentioned the fact that very few of my friends and family knew about its existence.

Even my husband didn't know about it, the reason being that he was in denial about Little Guy's diagnosis. Every time I would bring up a concern to him, he thought I was overreacting and didn't want to talk about it.
(my husband and Little Guy, taken about one year ago)

Which is one reason I started this blog - so I could have a place where I could "talk" about my frustrations and concerns.

Things have now changed; my husband is on board totally and 100% with what is going on with our youngest child. For the past couple of weeks, the thought was in the back of my mind that I should let him in on this secret blog. I envisioned exactly what I wanted to do and planned to post several tantalizing tidbits about my progress on the "big reveal".

These grand schemes came tumbling down a couple of nights ago when my husband walked in unexpectedly as I was typing my last post and wondered what I was doing.

Here it was, the moment of truth. I felt the time was right, so I confessed that I actually have two blogs. He thought a moment, then said, "Oh, you mean the one where you've given our kids nicknames like 'Big Guy'?"

What??!!

Apparently, my husband had stumbled across this blog once before when checking the history on our computer - something we like to do from time to time to ensure our children are only using appropriate websites. He didn't seem to know much more about it, so I briefly filled him in about what the site entailed. When he asked why I hadn't told him earlier about the site, I truthfully told him the same reason I mentioned above.

And that was that.

All of this "sneaking around" for a couple of months..... while my husband knew about the existence of this blog all along. Apparently, I'd make a terrible detective or federal agent.

How will this affect my blog?

It won't - I plan on being as straightforward and honest as before. Only now, I can do so with having a squeaky clean conscience :)

No comments: