Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Again

It's Wednesday.

At least for another half hour, that is.

Time for another installment of "Wonderful Wednesday"....and I have some great news to share about my Aspie sons.

Little Guy turns three just before Thanksgiving, at which time he will age out of the Early Intervention program we currently have services with. At that time, it will be determined whether or not he qualifies for services with the school district in a preschool environment. We had our first transition meeting yesterday, where basically all I had to do was show up and sign some paperwork which will allow the district to assess Little Guy as we draw nearer to his birthday. In the course of talking with the program's director, I learned that her prior job was acting as principal for a school for kids with Asperger's Syndrome in a nearby state. It really helped ease some of my concerns as I realized that the person who will be determining my son's eligibility is extremely knowledgeable about his diagnosis. The coordinator also informed me that the diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome was recently added by the state to the qualifying list for this preschool program. This was another piece of great news!
Big Guy finally earned his Eagle Scout award!! It became official a few days ago; we're going to have his court of honor as soon as the paperwork goes through (we were told anywhere between 2-4 months). We've really tried to stress what a huge accomplishment this is to Big Guy, as so few scouts go on to earn this prestigious award. It will also look good on resumes for school and employment.

I hope each of you have something special to celebrate today!

No comments: