Monday, July 6, 2009

Stay Tuned

Those of you who read my blog often are probably familiar with the types of photos I post.....photos that reveal only part of the subject's face.

Like this one, taken of Little Guy:

While I'm not a professional photographer by any means, I do know how to take a decent picture. I choose cropping and angles which deliberately obscure part of the subject's face.

And why would I do that? It's not because our family is horribly disfigured or anything, or that I'm embarrassed about having two kids with Asperger's Syndrome.

No, not at all.

It's just that I'm an extremely PRIVATE person. When it comes to personal matters, I am very reserved.

Yet I strongly feel that my family's experiences and the information I learn about Autism Spectrum Disorders need to be shared with others who find themselves in a similar situation. I decided the best way to solve my conundrum was to preserve a measure of anonymity - hence the incomplete or faceless pictures.

To give you an idea of how private I have kept this blog from those around me, even my husband doesn't know of its existence. I have given this web address to a couple of Little Guy's therapists to share with other ASD families and have personally invited a few of my friends who also have a child with ASD to view this blog, but that's about it. Somehow, I find it easier to share my innermost feelings on this subject with the protection of being an anonymous entity to most of my readers. It might not make much sense, but it's what works for me. Maybe it's some type of therapy :)

Will I ever tell my husband about the existence of this blog? Definitely. However, now is not the right time. Will I ever reveal my identity and post "normal" pictures of our family? Probably. (I'm already having a hard time not showing you Little Guy's features...he is sooo cute!) Again, the timing is not right.

I guess you'll just have to stay tuned!

1 comment:

The Andra Family said...

When you originally told me about this blog, I wondered what your husband thought of it. I guess now I know. (or don't know.)