Monday, August 10, 2009

A Long and Lonely Road


I've held off blogging since my last post because things are pretty much the same.

We are in a terrible slump with Little Guy's behavior and are having one heck of a time coming out of it.

There have been major meltdowns EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 2 weeks - some at home, others in public places. We had some neighbors over for dinner last night, and Little Guy screamed for at least an hour during that time. They are aware of his diagnosis and were very understanding, but it was still hard.

I am getting to the point that when I think about running errands with Little Guy or inviting company over to the house, I feel sick to my stomach.

I know this won't last forever. I think that sayings like "this too shall pass", "every cloud has a silver lining", and "it's often darkest before the dawn" have a lot of truth to them.

It's just that when you are in the middle of a mighty struggle, it can seem like a long and lonely road to travel.

No comments: