Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

For those of you who might be new to this blog, "Wonderful Wednesday" is a way for me to celebrate some of the accomplishments and milestones my two sons with Asperger's Syndrome have shown throughout the week.

It has actually been "Terrific Thursday" a couple of times due to one person's procrastination....but we won't go there for now.

Ahem.

Anyway, we've had some exciting new developments the past few days.

Big Guy is going on a date Friday evening!!! Although almost 18 years old, I can count on one hand the times he's asked a girl out. This particular girl is a co-worker, and Big Guy asked her during his shift at work. He was so excited she said yes that he immediately sent the family a text about it.

Too cute!

(Side note: It's a good thing Big Guy doesn't read this blog...he'd be furious if he knew I'd called him "cute")

On to Little Guy. In my last post, I talked about this:
Yes, that would be me trying to contain Little Guy during one of the many tantrums he threw over the weekend.

I've doubled my efforts in trying to help Little Guy regain his regulatory skills, and we actually saw a very promising event happen last evening. During the middle of an episode, Little Guy suddenly changed his demeanor and calmly started to cooperate with what I'd asked him to do.

Hallelujah! Perhaps my hard work is starting to pay off.

I'm still crossing my fingers for now (we've already had a beauty of a meltdown this morning), but hey - if it happened once, it can happen again :)

No comments: