Thursday, June 11, 2009

Terrific Thursday

Again, I slacked on posting my "Wonderful Wednesday" entry, which means you get a dose of "Terrific Thursday".

This week has actually been a very trying one with Little Guy, who has regressed in a few areas and is acting somewhat oppositional. I have to admit, I had a tough time coming up with positive information to share. I'm so glad I did, though - it's helped me remember that there is always something good to be found, no matter the situation :)

On that note, I'll begin with Little Guy. He's always been a good talker, but the past week has seen an even bigger increase in his verbal skills. An example of this is when one of his toys went missing this week. Normally, Little Guy would have said something like "Mama, truck's all gone. Let's find it?" This is the new version I heard: "Mom, my truck is missing and I can't find it. Please help me?"

Pretty impressive for a boy that just turned two-and-a-half.

Big Guy has made some strides towards earning his Eagle in Boy Scouts. He actually made some necessary phone calls this week without prompting, demonstrating a desire to become more responsible for completing this goal. With his 18th birthday coming up at the end of the month (the deadline for obtaining the Eagle rank), I'm hoping he'll continue to stay focused and driven. Earning this rank would be a great accomplishment for him!

No comments: