Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wonderful Wednesdays

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the challenges of having a child with special needs.

It's important to remember that there are many good times that come, as well.

And these moments are made even sweeter because of the effort it takes to reach them.

With this in mind, I'd like to dedicate my Wednesday posts as a wonderful way of celebrating some of the positive things that my "Aspie" boys have achieved during the week.

Let's begin with Little Guy:

I know he's stuffing his face in this picture, but he really is a notoriously picky eater when it comes to anything other than junk food.

Our family decided to eat at an Asian restaurant over the weekend. While I knew the older kids would love it, I'd resigned myself to feeding Little Guy his own special dinner once we got home. I knew this particular restaurant served saltine crackers as part of the meal, so Little Guy wouldn't "starve" in the meantime.

Imagine my surprise when Little Guy picked up some practice chopsticks and proceeded to eat some of his white rice. And then, asked for soy sauce!

My husband had to pick me up off the floor and put me back on my chair at this point.

That takes us to Big Guy.

He was finally able to get a job (after six months of trying) and just received his first paycheck.

Way to go!

It's milestones like these that make it all worthwhile :)

No comments: