Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Life has been so crazy lately that I've neglected to post some of the good things that are going on with our "Aspie" boys.

Big Guy is gearing up for the end of his first semester of college. Things have gone well once we got the math class fiasco behind us :) In fact, Big Guy is at the very top in two of his classes - English 2010 and History. He has also been picking up more hours at work, allowing him to save more money towards achieving his goal of living on his own next fall.

Little Guy continues to do amazingly well at school. I had the opportunity to observe him in class yesterday, and he was exceptionally cooperative and had very few meltdowns. I believe that much of this is due to the fact the classroom is very organized and predictable; Little Guy responds very well to routine. The one concern is that Little Guy is not being challenged enough with his higher cognitive level. Apparently, there have been a few other children recently admitted to the school with similar profiles, so Little Guy's teacher will be starting a new class for these children in a couple of weeks. It's gratifying to know that my son's strengths are being addressed, as well as his areas of delay.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I hope all of you had the chance to sit and reflect on the blessings in your life. I know I have so much to be thankful for, especially concerning the progress my Aspie boys are making.

No comments: