Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Two Who Are "Lighting It Up Blue"

Today is World Autism Awareness Day, kicking off April Autism Awareness Month with a theme of "Lighting It Up Blue".  In its honor, I've decided to go ahead with a LONG overdue post.

You see, the autism spectrum affects our family...actually, in a double dose.

Two of our sons are diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome.

We have two who are "lighting it blue":



These are our bookends: our eldest and youngest children.  In some ways identical; in others, vastly different.    Yet, both wanting to be loved, valued, and accepted for the unique individuals they are.

It's difficult to adequately convey how having them as part of our family impacts my daily life.  However, I've resolved to publish a series of posts throughout April addressing different aspects of autism with the goal of spreading awareness and understanding of this often misunderstood diagnosis.  I invite you to join me as I once again share our family's journey of living life on the autism spectrum.

No comments: